Internet Connection Sharing in Mac OS
Internet Connection Sharing in Mac OS:
Things you will need
- A VPN service
- A Mac with wireless network adapter and RJ45 port
- Wireless Internet connection(through a router or ISP provider)
- Cross-over Ethernet cable.
Steps to share Internet connection:
- Go to System Preferences
- Locate and click on Sharing listed under Internet and Wireless
- In the next window, check the box “Internet Sharing”
- In the right hand side of the dialog box, check the option “Ethernet”
- Ensure Wi-Fi is selected in “Share your connection from”
- A window pops us that asks user to confirm Internet sharing, click on “Start”
The Internet connection sharing is now active through the Ethernet port on your Mac.
Steps to set up Mac OS as Wi-Fi access point:
- Go to System Preferences->Sharing
- In “Share your connection from”, select your Wi-Fi network
- In method for sharing that is “To computers using” field, select “Airport” from the list
- Press “Airport Options” button below
- Enter name of your Network. You can keep the password field blank
- Click OK
A window pops up that asks you to confirm sharing of the Internet connection. Click on “Start”.