Step to set up PPTP VPN in Windows Vista
Step to set up PPTP VPN in Windows Vista:
Note: It is assumed you already have a Wi-Fi Internet Connection set in Windows Vista before proceeding with the steps. If not, set up a Wi-Fi Internet connection before proceeding.
- Click on Start
- Go to “Connect To”
- A window “Connect to a Network” opens
- Locate and click on “Set up a connection or Network”
- In the Choose a connection window, select “Connect to a workplace”, click on Next.
- In the next Window, select “Use my Internet Connection(VPN)”
(Note: If you are prompted, “Do you want to use a connection you already have?” select “No” create a new connection and click on Next)
- Type the Internet address and Destination name in the respective fields(Note: These details are generally provided by your VPN service provider or your Network Administrator)
- In the same window, check the box “Don’t connect now; just set it up so I can use it later, click on Next
- Type in the Username and Password, click on Create
- Your PPTP VPN is now created and ready for use.
- Click on Connect to test the connection.